Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Five Things To Look Forward To After You File Bankruptcy
Any time you take a major step in life, you wonder what will be around the corner. For instance, if you have recently been married you might be wondering when you will have children or when you will buy your first house as husband and wife. Or, if you have just been hired on at a new job, you might be thinking about how to get to the next level salary-wise or how to earn a promotion to a different position. Having something to look forward to helps us to do the things we need to do on a daily basis, until we get to the goal we are trying to reach.
When your goals involve your money, it is important to stay on track so you don’t wind up without enough funds to do the things you need to do. If getting to your financial goals included filing for bankruptcy, here are five things you can look forward to after your case is over:
● You will no longer owe any of the debts that were discharged. This will increase the amount of money you have each month, because you will no longer be responsible for making a lot of payments on debts that were not going down.
● You will not be getting calls or letters from creditors, because their debts will have been discharged and no longer payable.
● If you were being garnished before you filed a case, you will now enjoy your full paycheck rather than a lower amount due to money being held out for a garnishment.
● If your home was being foreclosed on, or your car up for repossession, you can rest easy knowing those things won’t happen as long as you provided for those debts within your bankruptcy case.
● You will have learned from the past, and be prepared to come up with a budget that works and a savings plan to prevent future financial struggle.
These benefits are long lasting, and will help you to get the fresh financial start you need to make sense of your budget. If you are having a hard time keeping current on all of your bills, and need a way to get some relief, call us today for help. We will go over all of your options with you, and make sure you understand your choices.
If you have more questions about bankruptcy, contact us today at www.law-ri.com. We will help you come up with solutions that work for your family, and have multiple locations where we schedule appointments so you can make a choice that is convenient for you.